Circle BMW Is Hosting A Food Drive To Help Those In Need This Holiday Season
Prior to the coronavirus, Fulfill was feeding 136,000 people in Monmouth and Ocean Counties per year, including 50,000 children. Fulfill was also moving 1 million pounds of food each month for families in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Now, the demand for food is 30 to 40% greater as a direct result of schools and businesses being closed and people losing their jobs.
Fulfill is a lifeline to those suffering from food insecurity at the Jersey Shore, especially in the current environment making this holiday season more important than ever to help those in need.
To support the growing demand for food in our communities, Circle BMW is now accepting donations of non-perishable food items throughout November and December which will be donated to Fulfill, formerly The Food Bank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
Donations of non-perishable food items will be collected at Circle BMW and delivered to Fulfills Neptune location at the end of the year. Donations may be dropped off at Circle BMW between 7:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. Circle BMW is located at 500 Route 36 East, Eatontown, N.J. 07724 (across from the N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission).
Here Is A Current Holiday List Of Fulfills Most Needed Items, Or You Can Download A Full Shopping List.
*Please Remember, No Glass Containers.
- Low Sodium Canned Vegetables (Green beans, Corn, Mixed Veggies, Yams)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Boxed Potatoes
- Boxed Stuffing
- Gravy Canned Soup and Broth
- Pie Crust and Cornbread Mixes
Additional items needed:
- Canned tuna, chicken & salmon
- Cooking oils
- Shelf-stable milk
- Pancake mix and syrup
- Mac and cheese
- Oatmeal packets
- Peanut butter & jelly
- Canned fruits
- Fruit juice
- Ready-to-eat canned meals (Suggestions -chili (bean, chicken, beef), stew (vegetable, chicken, beef), ravioli (cheese, beef), chicken w/rice & vegetables, spaghetti & meatballs)
- Hot cereals (Suggestions: oatmeal, steel-cut oats, farina, muesli)
- Cold cereals (Suggestions: Toasted O’s (original or honey nut), bran flakes, corn flakes shredded, wheat brown rice, Grape-Nuts, Special K, Fiber One cereals, Cascadian Farms cereals, Kashi cereals)
THE DONATION OF MANUAL CAN OPENERS WOULD ALSO BE MUCH APPRECIATED!